Creating XML Sitemaps
Revision as of 11:04, 21 August 2015 by 188.8.131.52 (Created page with "*Go to https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ *Put in the full website domain including http://www. *Leave settings and hit 'start' *After it's finished, save 'sitemap.xml' and 'sitema...")
- Go to https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
- Put in the full website domain including http://www.
- Leave settings and hit 'start'
- After it's finished, save 'sitemap.xml' and 'sitemap.html' to your desktop/computer/wherever.
- Make sure they are named exactly sitemap.xml and sitemap.html, not sitemap2.xml or sitemap (2).html or something else.
- Go to client's site in admin area and go to site images
- Go up one level so you are in public_html
- Search (ctrl+f) page for 'sitemap' to see if there are already sitemaps in here. If there are, delete them.
- Upload .xml and .html file