Clearing brute force
If a client gets a Brute Force Error it’s usually because they tried to login to Cpanel too many times with the wrong login information.
- Log in to Web Host Manager
- Search for 'Brute Force' or locate 'cPHulk Brute Force Protection' under security on left hand bar
- Click to go to area
To add a user to the whitelist/blacklist:
- Get client's IP by going to whatismyip.com
- Enter IP in whitelist/blacklist (depending on if you want to allow them or not)
- Press 'quick add' to add
To check/clear database:
- Click on 'Login/Brute history report' tab (don't worry about emails from cpalargo.com, that has been added to whitelist and will almost always appear in this area)
- Check logins under 'Brutes (Excessive Login Failures)'
- If client's email/IP is under this section multiple times, press blue 'Flush DB' button at top under 'Clear failed logins'
» Back to General email issues