Adding new website to Katharion
Setting Up an account on Katharion
Log into Katharion with the byf username and password
- Click on View/Manage my Organizations
- Click on "manage domains" link
- Click on "Add one or more domains"
- Enter the domain name in both the "domain name" and "mail server" boxes
- Click on "Add Domain(s)"
Now you have to enter the users.
- Click on "add users manually"
- Choose "ENTER or CUT AND PASTE addresses and passwords into a text box:" which will display a text box
- Enter the full email addresses, a space and antiSPAM, one per line:
- example: firstname.lastname@example.org|antiSPAM
- Click Next, then Next (if all looks well), then Next again.
- Finally, click on Save Changes.
Now you have to set up the DNS on the BYF server to accomodate Katharion
- While in Katharion, click on "Domains" in the horizontal nav bar (dark grey as of this writing).
- Scroll to the bottom right to the "Domain MX Records" and keep that window available
- In a new window, open WHM and click on "Edit MX Entry" under DNS Functions
- Locate the domain in the list and click Edit
- Important!!! Make sure that LOCAL MAIL EXCHANGER is selected in the section on top
- Click "Delete" next to the Priority 0 line. It will go away.
- In the Priority 10, enter the Priority 10 MX record from the Katharion Screen Update 2014: Be sure to include the trailing period
- example: thedomainimworkingon.com.pri-mx.na0109.smtproutes.com <- no period on the end when you enter it into the DNS screen
- Click on the "Add another MX entry field" button and enter 90 as the priority number
- Get the second MX record from the Katharion screen. Again, INCLUDE the last period
- Click on Save.
- Click on 'domains' in the black navigation bar
- Click on add/change under "Destination Mail Servers"
- Click the checkbox next to "Specify one or more backup mail servers in addition to the primary server(s) listed above"
- Enter "18.104.22.168" in the servername box
- Enter 26 in the port
- Enter 100 in the load.
- Save Changes
For a client that was already in Katharion and having trouble receiving mail you need to also:
- Click on Messages (very top right)
- Click on Inbound Message Queue (black bar)
- If an messages in the list, click first checkbox in top line to select all, then hit Release.
Katharion is now set up for that account when the domain goes live.